Sunday, February 4, 2018

Observing another level part 2

Today I'm gonna talk about Teacher Evelyn Ashworth (Teacher Eve). An English Teacher from England who as taught for more than 40 years using methods. She has given me so much advice, covered with Billion kindness (Very nice to meet you). She is returning to England on February 10th, I feel so glad to have met her (thank God).
Teacher Evelyn Ashworth (with Moo moo and Rabbit puppet in her hands)

Refer to the picture above, all of the student pay an attention to her, and it's kind of motivation for me to be a teacher as like her..
She start the lesson by singing (to teach vocabulary for kids) and it's really worked.
She said that the important thing is repeat everyday, that's why if we use a song, kids will enjoy to repeat it.

There's a game that made me impressed how great is she. She pointed of her part of body and asked the student to say the name, after several time she made a repetition, she made it quicker and then change the sequence and all of those kids made a mistake (haha they thought it always on sequence). It's really work to make them stay focus.

She teach me to use only target language if you want to success at teaching language (in this case English), "don't underestimate a little thing" she said, although it's just only drink a water, she taught the student all of the vocabularies.
There are some rules that she use at the class, the most favorite one is "I speak, you see, you listen, and don't ever speak". it's to make the student discipline in every lesson.
She is the most creative person, she made a curriculum for kindergarten at this school and she made it really serious in case she will leave this school soon. (sad)
What a responsible thing that I learned from her.
this is my favorite quote from her "You can teach discipline by being nice", oh my Gosh, I thought that only punishment that will be the best way. thankyou so much for teaching me so much


No comments:

Post a Comment